Every 40 seconds, someone in the United States has a stroke. Every four minutes, someone dies from a stroke.*
At Bluffton Regional Medical Center, stroke care is a priority. The hospital is a certified primary stroke center, utilizing national standards to address the needs of stroke patients from ER arrival through hospital discharge. A multidisciplinary team delivers the rapid diagnosis and treatment crucial to minimizing brain damage and maximizing recovery.
Bluffton Regional's primary stroke center provides:
- A stroke-alert process to quickly diagnose and treat stroke patients
- 24/7 neurologist coverage
- 24/7 access to radiology, laboratory and pharmacy services
- Order sets that encompass best practice recommendations
- Continual analysis and tracking of quality and outcomes
- Rehabilitation as needed
Learn more about stroke:
*Benjamin EJ, Blaha MJ, Chiuve SE, et al. on behalf of the American Heart Association Statistics Committee and Stroke Statistics Subcommittee. Heart disease and stroke statistics—2017 update: a report from the American Heart Association. Circulation. 2017;135:e229-e445.