The Bluffton Regional Medical Center medical staff includes a board certified OB/GYN physician. Women are cared for in private labor/delivery/recovery/postpartum suites and additional rooms that can accommodate women with a wide range of medical needs.
Our private labor/delivery/recovery/postpartum suites feature:
- a crib stocked with newborn supplies
- a flat screen tv with cable services and music
- a private bathroom with shower
- comfortable seating accommodations for family members
- mini fridge and microwave
- natural light and soothing décor
- sleeping accommodations for mom's birthing partner
When required, Caesarean section deliveries are performed in the surgical services department. Epidurals are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week. There is also a triage/observation area where the assessment and management of pregnancy-related or high-risk complications at any gestational age can be performed.
Our Women's Center is staffed with Registered Nurses trained in electronic fetal monitoring and certified in CPR and neonatal resuscitation. Our staff is also extremely supportive in initiating and maintaining breastfeeding with new moms who choose this preferred method of infant nutrition. Finally, it's our practice during the entire delivery and recovery period to support rooming-in for all babies to promote bonding with new moms and family members and to establish breastfeeding.